PayScale Launches Career Management Platform
Seattle, WA - February 13, 2009
World's largest salary survey company creates new features to provide workers and job seekers comprehensive, unique career information based on their extensive dataset.
- PayScale, Inc. today announced the launch of a new career management platform where employees and job seekers will have access to an array of salary insight and career management tools in one place.
As the economy maintains its uncertain footing, the total workforce - including the employed and the recently laid off - are seeking real-time salary information that keeps step with the market, professional development opportunities, job alternatives, and career planning tools. PayScale's new personalized career management platform provides users insight into their career options in one easy-to-access location.
"PayScale provides employees and job seekers with an easy-to-use suite of tools to understand their place in the job market and inform their career decisions," said Joe Giordano, Founder, PayScale, Inc. "We have leveraged our extensive dataset of over 16 million career profiles in conjunction with advanced statistical modeling to provide fresh insight into the job market and potential career options available to workers across the world. This type of information is more relevant now than ever before, as the challenging business climate and recession persist."
- Real-time Salary and Benefits: See how your compensation compares to your peers.
- Job Opportunities: Browse job opportunities matched to your position, location and your industry.
- Educational Opportunities: Is more education worth more in your profession?
- Cost of Living Calculator: Find out if working in another city would improve your standard of living.
- GigZig: Glimpse future career paths and their corresponding salaries
- Company Data: See top jobs and typical pay for a current or future employer
- Advice: Read helpful career advice from people like you.
- Anonymous Profiles: See career details about people like you.
Every day tens of thousands of people take PayScale's salary survey
to compare their pay anonymously with their peers and improve their understanding of the job market. PayScale has created the concept of anonymously comparing your salary online - in detail - to other real people with similar individual and job characteristics (e.g., location, company type and size, job, experience, education, skills, and more.) Using an advanced search and proprietary matching technology, PayScale finds a relevant peer group from their data set that matches the user-provided job information. The system allows every user's job profile to be unique and relevant to his/her different job requirements. This creates a level of accuracy that cannot be achieved with traditional methodologies and allows individuals to better understand earning potential.
PayScale.com (www.payscale.com) is the world's largest ongoing salary survey. With the largest database of individual employee compensation profiles, PayScale provides an immediate and precise snapshot of current market salaries
. PayScale's patent-pending real-time profiling technology collects and indexes employee pay attributes worldwide and makes this data available through its online salary tools
reports for both consumers and businesses. PayScale was founded in 2002 and is headquartered in Seattle, Washington USA.