Salary and Career News Round Up: Millennial Women Burn Out, Black Friday, NASA Hiring
Every Friday we round up the salary trends, career stories and job news that you may have missed this week.
- Are millennial women burning out at thirty years old? That is what one study suggests. The study goes on to suggest that millennial women worked hard in school, and in the early workforce years and are tired by the time they reach thirty years old.
- Target has decided to open their doors at midnight on Black Friday. One Target employee did not agree with Target’s decision and started a petition on Change.org, asking Target to push back their opening time to 5 a.m. on Friday. As of press, the petition has received over 180,000 signatures.
- Target is not the only retailer to open it’s doors at midnight Black Friday. Best Buy and Kohl’s will open at midnight while retailer giant Wal-Mart will open at 10 p.m. Toys “R” Us will open the earliest at 9 p.m.
- Was it your childhood dream to go to space? NASA is hiring! If your physically fit, are between 62 and 75 inches and enjoy frequent travel (to the International Space Station,) this might be the job for you. Oh, you will also need a “degree followed by at least 3 years of related, progressively responsible, professional experience OR at least 1,000 hours pilot-in-command time in jet aircraft.”
- Are you looking for a temporary job during the holiday season, but are frusterated by the pay? Not all jobs pay minimum wage, in fact some pay over $12 per hour.