Salary and Career News Round Up: Gender-Based Pay, Hiring Managers’ Secrets and Pinterest Recruiting
Every Friday we round up the salary trends, career stories and job news that you may have missed during the past week.
- It might be 2012, but New Jersey's pay difference between women and men reflects a decades-old society. Legislators there are pushing for a bill that would make it harder for companies to pay men more than women..
- If you're having difficulty in your job search, this slideshow of hiring managers' secrets from Forbes is sure to help you catapult ahead of the competition. For starters, you shouldn't apply for jobs online; instead, use LinkedIn and other tools to see if you have common contacts who can help you get your foot in the door.
- Looking for the latest way to recruit the world's top employees? This guide from Mashable outlines several ways to use Pinterest as a part of your recruiting strategy. This social media tool is far from a flash in the pan: it's the perfect way to convey your company culture and values, share relevant multimedia and express exactly what you're looking for in your next hire.
- In a surprising new survey, more than half of the global workforce is contemplating a career move right now.
- Hard-working baby boomers are being left in the unemployment rubble. What's preventing them from getting a job that leverages their extensive job experience?
More From Payscale
(Photo credit: smlp.co.uk/Flickr)