Salary and Career News Round Up: Salary Negotiation Tips, the Management Gap and Lessons for Corporate Athletes
Every Friday we round up the salary trends, career stories and job news that you may have missed during the past week.
- Negotiating your salary doesn't have to be as dreaded as going to the dentist. Earn what you're worth, even if you're not an extrovert, with these steps to getting the wages you deserve.
- Employees aren't the only ones who should be worried about the economy. For-profit companies have employee turnover costs to consider. Will workers stay or will they go? That's up to management.
- Many managers have an inflated sense of their skills when it comes to employee satisfaction, according to new research. Could you be one of them? Find out by reading more about the management gap.
- What can a hard-working businessperson learn from an athlete? Apparently a lot. Discover a handful of lessons 'corporate athletes' can learn from elite athletes.
- If you're looking for some insight into how engaged your team is, you'll want to read this article and accompanying questionnaire from the Chartered Management Institute.
More From Payscale
(Photo credit: Images_of_Money/Flickr)