Salary and Career News Round Up: The New Womb Chair, Preventing Burnout and Reporter Fired for Facebook Post
Every Friday we round up the salary trends, career stories and job news that you may have missed during the past week.
- Here’s a new way to escape from the pressures of the outside world. “Hush” is a chair designed by Freyja Sewell that offers the ability to curl up in the fetal position and return to the womb.
- Recent studies show that many workers are finding themselves burned out at the office before the age of 30. Here are eight ways to prevent yourself from suffering the same fate.
- A reporter recently was put on administrative leave for not removing a Facebook post on his personal page. This has sparked a debate about how much power companies should have over their employees’ use of social media.
- Is your feeling of competence fading due to a volatile or draining work environment? Discover these important steps to rebuild your confidence and rally.
- You might have been told that it’s not a good idea to play games in the workplace. Now you might be required to, as gamification becomes integrated into offices.
More From Payscale
Study Finds Emails, Meetings Aren’t the Answer to Telecommuters’ Work Engagement
Apple Enables Geo-Fencing in Find My Friends App Update: Are Office Check-Ins Imminent?
Pay Increases Make Some Employees Feel Like Failures
(Photo credit: Freyja Sewell)