Salary and Career News Round Up: Job-Hunting Rules, Achieving Your Goals and the Consequences of Seniors at Work
Every Friday we round up the salary trends, career stories and job news that you may have missed during the past week.
- After the economic meltdown of the past few years, many workers have found themselves unemployed longer than ever before. Here are three rules you can apply to your job search to put yourself ahead of the pack.
- We’ve been taught that when we want something, we should be vocal about it. A study from 1933 begs to differ, though. It presents the idea that keeping quiet may actually be the way to achieve your goals.
- More and more workers are now having to work past the age of 65. What implications does this shift have on the workplace? This Forbes article explores the possibilities.
- The European court system has decided that if you get sick while on vacation, it doesn’t count against you. In fact, getting sick on vacation means you get a do-over.
- Forbes has created the Good Men Project, an initiative that seeks to discuss what it means to be a good man. One of its latest articles gives insight into business behavior by sharing 10 lessons learned from workplace politics.
More From Payscale
(Photo credit: Allen Sima/Flickr)