Every Friday we round up the salary trends, career stories and job news that you may have missed during the past week.
- This isn't your mother's generation. The feminist movement waged a hard-fought battle for equal rights, but millenials might not be interested in carrying the torch.
- Would you be willing to pay $5 for someone to look at your resume if doing so would ensure it gets read?
- You go to business school to learn the ways of the business world, but after what we've witnessed from the banking industry in the past few years, it can be argued that schools should focus on ethics as well.
- Yahoo shows its progressive way of thinking by hiring Marissa Mayer as its CEO. She is now the 20th female CEO on the Fortune 500 list. What makes this so progressive? She was hired for this prestigious position while pregnant.
- The creative class is identified as one of the driving forces behind economic development. You might be surprised to learn what's missing and what isn't from the list of the 20 metros with the largest concentrations of the creative class.
More From Payscale Study Finds Link Between Fathers' Career Choice and Birth Defects Middle Managers Are Frozen by Information Overload [infographic] Is Surfing the New Golfing? Executives Swap Golf Bags for Surfboards
(Photo credit: Victor1558