Salary and Career News Round Up: Be the Next Microsoft Employee, Think Like a Gold Medalist and Overcome Your Mental Blocks
Every Friday we round up the salary trends, career stories and job news that you may have missed during the past week.
- Forget empty fluff like “The Bachelor” and “Jersey Shore.” With this Web-based reality show, you can actually land a job with one of the biggest companies in the world. That’s right, you could compete to “Be the Next Microsoft Employee.”
- The summer Olympics are quickly approaching and it turns out there’s a great deal of business lessons to be learned from them. Negative thinking, exhaustion and fear are just three obstacles you must overcome to think like a gold medalist.
- A mental block can be debilitating, but there is hope. Here are four tips on how to overcome your mental blocks and unlock creativity and productivity.
- Things are looking a bit ‘Gild’ for developers. In fact, you might feel violated to discover that your code is showing, and future employers are checking it out and grading your current abilities based on past projects.
- If you want to find the best way to make employees better at their jobs, just eliminate what makes them unhappy and appoint them CEO. This Time article outlines the value of “CEO for a Day” programs for soliciting employee ideas and boosting motivation and engagement.
More From Payscale
(Photo credit: Andrew Evans/Flickr)