Salary and Career News Round Up: LinkedIn Guide for Grads, the Effects of Bullied Coworkers and Video Game Recruiting
Every Friday we round up the salary trends, career stories and job news that you may have missed during the past week.
- LinkedIn is a valuable tool in the all-important networking aspect of job searching. If you’re a recent grad new to the job market or simply need some tips, here is the ultimate guide for using LinkedIn.
- It’s not just the schoolyards where bullying has become an unacceptable call to action. It’s also in the workplace. Even if an employee isn’t the one getting bullied, witnessing a co-worker getting bullied makes everyone want to quit. Now’s the time for managers to step up and establish boundaries.
- Is it all fun and games for Israeli-based Ad agency BBR Saatchi & Saatchi IL or is it a stroke of genius? The agency hopes to find its next programmer using multiplayer game Diablo III.
- It’s on everyone’s mind: The economy of not just the U.S. but that of the entire world has been on shaky ground. Imagine arriving to this job market fresh out of school. Dylan Ratigan weighs in on job prospects for new grads.
- It has long been said that money can’t buy happiness, but now workers are putting their money where their mouth is, so to speak. Many MBAs are willing to bank on the fact that happiness isn’t about the money.
More From Payscale
(Photo credit: Sam Howzit/Flickr)