Salary and Career News Round Up: Dating Strategies for Job Hunting, Suits for the Unemployed and How to Nail Your Follow Up Interview
Every Friday we round up the salary trends, career stories and job news that you may have missed during the past week.
- If you think about it, dating is a lot like job searching. You have to put your best foot forward and ask lots of questions but try not to get your hopes up. Here are four dating strategies you can use for job hunting.
- Talk about paying it forward: Career Gear, a New York-based nonprofit, is helping men from low-income backgrounds improve their lives by providing them with free suits they can wear to job interviews. For women in a similar situaton, there’s help available for them as well with the nonprofit Dress for Success.
- The first interview was a success and now they’ve asked you to come back for a second one. This is the time to come prepared with questions and ready to meet coworkers. Discover how to nail your follow-up interview.
- It’s taken some time, but companies are finally adapting their guidelines to account for today’s technology. That’s right, guidance on employer social media policies are being put into place, and there are some things you need to know.
- Many prospective employers now only accept resumes via online application systems. When you hit “Send,” you’re putting your trust in cyberspace to deliver your job application to a prospective employer, but there are some things you can do to ensure a smooth, successful process. Here are the nine best tips for submitting an online job application.
More From Payscale
(Photo credit: bpsusf/Flickr)