Every Friday we round up the salary trends, career stories and job news that you may have missed during the past week.
- If you're in the unfortunate position of sharing office space with someone who spends the day on Twitter and is constantly on the phone fighting with his or her significant other, you're not alone. These tips for dealing with a lazy coworker should help you find some relief and regain your productivity.
- A mentor can be an invaluable asset both professionally and personally. You don't have to follow old-school rules anymore when selecting someone to help guide you, though. Let go of these myths of finding the perfect mentor.
- Most of us know that who we surround ourselves with, whether in friendships or relationships, can have an impact on how we see ourselves. Have you ever thought about how your job can influence your mood and outlook? You might want to ask yourself this thorny question: is work making me a worse person?
- The concept of "feminine wiles" has been around for ages. In fact, it's been 50 years since Marilyn Monroe's death and this quality could certainly be attributed to her and the women before her. Now, a new study shows that women can, in fact, flirt their way to success.
- Forget the days when a women had to choose between a career and a family. We can even forget about an employer's inclination to not hire the single mom or the expectant mother. Nowadays, having a family can be good for your career.
More From Payscale Marissa Mayer Rolls Out Google-Inspired Perks at Yahoo The Cost of Watching the Olympics at Work: $650 Million What Are the Country's Most Thankless Jobs? [infographic]
(Photo credit: Highways Agency