Salary and Career News Round Up: Career Choices According to Election Results, 10 Career Facts You’ll Learn After College and 401K Laziness
Every Friday we round up the salary trends, career stories and job news that you may have missed during the past week.
- The upcoming election will have a ripple effect on policies and institutions, but did you realize it can also affect career choices? Here’s what job sectors will boom and bust according to the results of the presidential election.
- College is obviously a time to learn and study, but there are certain things you just can’t prepare for in a classroom. Check out this list of career facts you’ll learn after college.
- Transitioning careers is commonplace in today’s job market. Just make sure you don’t fall into the trap of 401K laziness.
- Many of us can spend an entire day sitting in meetings alone. Discover how to use the time wisely and perhaps even more importantly, avoid killing creativity in meetings.
- An amazing profession won’t just fall on your lap. Take these steps to create an amazing career to get proactive about your work direction.
More From PayScale
(Photo credit: Office Now/Flickr)