Salary and Career News Round Up: Fired for Waiting in Line to Vote, Achieving Your Business Dreams Online and Tips for More Balanced Relationships
Every Friday we round up the salary trends, career stories and job news that you may have missed during the past week.
- Do you think we have a civil right to vote in America? It turns out that might not be the case, as a Florida worker found out on Tuesday. He was actually fired for waiting in line to vote.
- Have you ever dreamed of creating your own business? Maybe it’s time to take that dream into reality. Check out these surefire tips to achieve your business dreams online.
- Forming strong bonds in business can lead to more growth and opportunity than you could ever imagine otherwise. That’s why it’s imperative to create balanced and healthy business relationships. Here are three tips to keep in mind.
- It’s a long-known, unfortunate fact that women are still paid less than men. That statement is taken to a completely different level in one state, though, where the pay difference is an astonishing $17,838. Find out which state is the worst-paying for women.
- There’s a surprising statistic among Gen Y: Many of them seem to be willing to work for free. Are you one of them? If so, millennials, know that you do not have to work for free.
More From PayScale
(Photo credit: Josh Thompson/Flickr)