Salary and Career News Round Up: Beef Up Your Business Skills on the Cheap, Leaders Are Always Positive and Is Your Cell Phone Hurting Your Business?
Every Friday we round up the salary trends, career stories and job news that you may have missed during the past week.
- Building your own learning group and using magazines and books to your advantage are just a couple of the ways you can beef up your business skills on the cheap.
- If you want to be a successful leader, there is nothing more motivating than positivity. This might seem obvious, but there really are tricks to the trade in becoming a leader who is always positive.
- Having a cell phone has become a personal and professional necessity, but what is it doing to impact the quality of your life? You might be surprised to learn that your cell phone could be hurting your business.
- Would you be willing to pay $650 billion to access Facebook or Twitter? Well, collectively, that’s what the U.S. economy is doing. That’s right, social media distractions are costing the economy billions.
- Hurricane Sandy’s path of destruction has displaced thousands of people. Due to this, it just might help prove that in today’s age of technology, employees really can work from anywhere.
More From PayScale
(Photo credit: Yuya Tamai/Flickr)