Salary and Career News Round Up: How to Inspire the 9 Corporate Personality Types, Sandy Yields Surge in Jobless Claims and 6 TED Talks You Should Watch
Every Friday we round up the salary trends, career stories and job news that you may have missed during the past week.
- Everyone has a different personality and a different way of seeing the world. That’s what makes us unique. Those differences can be a challenge, though, for a manager. Check out the nine corporate personality types and learn how to inspire them to innovate.
- When epic storm Sandy hit the East Coast just weeks ago, it had a ripple effect on the economy and the personal lives of thousands. One unforeseen side effect is a surge in jobless claims.
- Have you ever watched a TED talk? If not, now’s the time to get on board. TED offers free talks from some of the most brilliant leading minds in business. Here are six TED talks every entrepreneur should watch.
- Mark Cuban is crying foul against Facebook. The billionaire business mogul claims Facebook is trying to shake him down for thousands of dollars in advertising costs just to reach his team and company’s own fanbase. However, Cuban’s Facebook page conspiracy claim is no slam dunk.
- Are you a skeptic or an optimist? Maybe it doesn’t have to be as black and white as choosing one. There are a lot of benefits to both, as well as negatives. Learn how successful leaders balance skepticism and openness.
More From PayScale
(Photo credit: TEDx Somerville/Flickr)