Salary and Career News Round Up: The Business of Helping Entrepreneurs, Flu Outbreak is Costing Companies Billions, and Would You Pay $100 to Message Mark Zuckerberg?
Every Friday we round up the salary trends, career stories and job news that you may have missed during the past week.
- Imagine being able to do something that not only helps you directly, but could also better the life of someone else as well. That’s just what these businesses focused on helping less-fortunate entrepreneurs start up are doing.
- What’s worse than having an employee who’s sick with the flu out of the office? Having a worker who’s sick with the flu come into the office. This is why the flu outbreak is costing companies billions.
- It looks like Facebook is trying to bring in revenue any way they can. Their latest tactic charges users $100 to message Mark Zuckerberg.
- You might not be too fond of your boss’ kids after you hear this one. After all, it turns out that your male CEO’s kids could affect your pay.
- More studies are showing the strong benefit of creativity in the workplace. So how do you become a more creative leader? Form your own artist circle.
More From PayScale
(Photo credit: deneyterrio/Flickr)