The Top 5 Companies for Executive Women
What makes a company woman-friendly? A combination of benefits (actual, paid, maternity leave) and opportunity (ideally, equal numbers of women and men in high-ranking roles). The National Association for Female Executives recently released its 2013 list of best companies for executive women. You can see all 50 here, but these are the top five:
1. Abbott, a health care company headquartered in Abbott, Illinois. 42 percent of senior managers are women, which is an increase of 77 percent since 2001. Employees can attend “Fireside Chats” led by an affinity group called Women Leaders in Action.
2. AstraZeneca, a pharmaceutical company headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware. 55 percent of all employees are female, and 41 percent of senior managers are female. Work-life balance is written into senior management’s goals as a key objective.
3. All State Insurance, headquartered in Northbrook, Illinois. 40 percent of students at the company’s on-site MBA program are female, a fact which could boost their percentage of female senior managers, which is currently 28 percent.
4. American Express, headquartered in New York, NY. 34 percent of senior managers are women. The company’s initiative Women in the Pipeline and at the Top aims to prepare top female talent for executive jobs.
5. Aon, a global risk management company, headquartered in Chicago, Illinois. The CFO and CEO are both female, and 36 percent of senior management roles are held by women.
Tell Us What You Think
We want to hear from you! Is your company great for working women? Leave a comment or join the discussion on Twitter, using the hashtag #MakeItHappen.
More from PayScale
(Photo Credit: govcedric/Flickr)