PayScale recently released a special report on Underemployment in America, which looks at some of the causes of underemployment including the most underemployed undergraduate majors and cities with widespread underemployment. This Wednesday, we’ll dive deeper into this report to talk about the effects of underemployment on your career.
During this 30-minute Twitter chat, we’ll discuss the following questions:
- Are you underemployed? What’s your story?
- Are you feeling stuck? What are your options to improve your employment prospects?
- When is the tipping point? How long should you persevere looking for a job in your chosen field before deciding it may be best to pursue another field?
- Do you have any advice for people who are underemployed?
- How did your college major affect your employment prospects?
- If you could go back to college, what would you do differently?
- Are there any success stories? As a result of being underemployed, were you able to find an inspiring career that you may have not found otherwise?
If this will be your first time joining us for #PayChat, check out the “Introducing #PayChat” post for more information. #PayChat happens on the last Wednesday of every month at 10:30 a.m. (PST) and as always, feedback is appreciated. If you have a topic that you would like us to discuss in a future #PayChat, please share it on Twitter or in the comment section below.
Tell Us What You Think
We want to hear from you! Do you have any stories to share, advice or questions to ask about underemployment? Send us a tweet, join #PayChat or leave a message in the comment section.