Salary and Career News Round Up: Get Out of a Career Rut, Advice for Working Women, and the Importance of Passion
Every Friday we round up the salary trends, career stories and job news that you may have missed during the past week.
- Women are a distinct minority at Google. What can female professionals learn about the technology industry from this talented pool of individuals?
- It’s a well-known and unfortunate fact that women earn less than men. Are women to blame for their lack of career growth? A recent study of the 954 members of the Professional Women’s Network Group on LinkedIn reveals that ladies might be holding themselves back at work.
- Surprise, surprise: Research reveals that the more passionate you are about your work, the more you’ll get ahead and the more your influence will grow in the company.
- Are you stuck in a career rut? Lifehacker will help you get out, using a simple four-week plan.
- Supermodel Iman reveals five pieces of career advice. Her top tips include identifying market opportunities, seeking other female mentors and focusing your efforts on the important things.
Tell Us What You Think
We want to hear from you! What career stories have you shared around the office this week? Share your thoughts on Twitter or in the comments!
More From PayScale
(Photo Credit: david_shankbone/Flickr)