1. Go to all the meetings. Don't skip any of your group's meetings, whether they are in person or virtual. Before heading into a meeting, make sure you feel fresh and aren't hungry or thirsty. Put yourself in a positive frame of mind so you can be fully engaged.
2. Be present during meetings. Be committed to your group and show respect by being on time and not leaving early. If you aren't totally committed to your group, it's not fair to them for you to continue participating.
3. Keep the group small. Your group will be most effective if there are no more than six people involved. This will encourage members to be involved and will give each person enough time to share their own thoughts.
4. Meetings should be consistent. Hold meetings on the same day of every week or month, at the same time, and in the same location. Keep things as consistent as possible so people don't forget when meetings are taking place. It also forces members to work their schedules around the meetings instead of vice versa.
5. Respect everyone's time. Meetings should be two to three hours long. Shorter meetings will disallow all members from fully participating and longer meetings can become boring and repetitive.
Tell Us What You Think
We want to hear from you! How do you benefit from your mastermind group? Share your thoughts on Twitter or in the comments!
More from PayScale
Surprise: Most Rappers Lie About Their Money
Use the Reverse Calendar Method to Get Things Done on Time
Tech Workers Are So, So Young
(Photo credit: © Monkey Business - Fotolia.com)