(Photo Credit: ClickFlashPotos/Flickr)
- "The biggest risk is not taking any risk. In a world that is changing really quickly, the only strategy that is guaranteed to fail is not taking risks." - Mark Zuckerberg, CEO of Facebook
- "If you can dream it, then you can achieve it." - Zig Ziglar, Author and Motivational Speaker
- "Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war." - Donald Trump, Investor and Serial Entrepreneur
- "Go ahead, fall down. The world looks different from the ground." - Oprah Winfrey, Entrepreneur
- "The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle. As with all matters of the heart, you'll know when you find it." - Steve Jobs, CEO of Apple Inc.
- "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." - Bill Cosby, Actor
- "Don’t just let your career happen to you. You need to be strategic about how you define your leadership journey and where that takes you.” - Denise Morrison, CEO of Campbell Soup Company
- "A ship in the harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd, American Author and Professor
- "You must recognize, embrace, and be honest about what is real for you today and allow that understating to inform the choices you make. Only then will you be able to build the future of your dreams." - Suze Orman
- "Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great." - Mark Twain, American Author
- "I failed in some subjects in exam, but my friend passed in all. Now he is an engineer in Microsoft and I am the owner of Microsoft." - Bill Gates, Chairman of Microsoft
- "I don't think of work as work and play as play. It's all living." - Sir Richard Branson, Founder of Virgin Group
- "Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein
- "If we listen to our intellect, we'd never have a love affair. We'd never have a friendship. We'd never go into business because we'd be too cynical. Well, that's nonsense. You've got to jump off cliffs all the time and build your wings on the way down." - Annie Dillard, American Author
- "The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now." - Chinese Proverb
Many of the celebrated influencers and business moguls of our time have dealt with and overcome great adversity to make it to the top of their careers. So, take it from the best of them, success doesn't come easy, but it's well worth it in the long-run. If you need a little help taking the leap of faith, check out PayScale's Career Goals questionnaire to obtain a personalized career toolkit to help make your professional dreams a reality.
Tell Us What You Think
Are you struggling with finding motivation or meaning in your current job and need a change? Tell us what career you wish you had on Twitter or in the comments section below.
More From PayScale
20 Inspirational Quotes for Job Seekers
5 Career Lessons From the Ladies of "Mad Men"
3 Signs You Were Born to Be a Leader