Do You Look Like a Top-Performing CEO? [infographic]
According to a recent Harvard Business Review study, if you’re male, have a full head of hair, are married with 3.1 children, and don’t wear glasses, then you look like a vast majority of the top-performing CEOs in the world. Take a look at the infographic below the cut to see what other characteristics you may have in common with the greatest CEOs of our age.
(Photo Credit: Jonathan Mueller/Flickr)
Domo and CEO.com compiled an excellent infographic depicting the anatomy, demographics, educational background, and location of the top 100 CEOs based on data extracted from a recent Harvard Business Review study. It looks like we’re getting closer to figuring out the secret formula for creating top business moguls — finally! Here’s a recap of the findings:
- Male – 98 percent
- Female – 2 percent (Can you guess who these awesome ladies are?)
- Glasses – 37 percent
- No Glasses – 63 percent
- Balding – 11 percent
- Receding Hair – 36 percent
- Full Head-of-Hair – 53 percent
- Number of Children – 3.1 (That 0.1 percent of a child is a tricky one.)
- Married – 97 percent
- Earned a Bachelors Degree – 99 percent
- No Bachelors Degree – 1 percent (Can you guess who this unique gem is?)
- Earned a Masters Degree – 29 percent
- No Masters Degree – 71 percent
An astounding 61 percent of top-performing CEOs were educated outside of the United States!
For more interesting facts about the world’s chart-topping CEOs, take a look at the infographic below.