(Photo Credit: satit_srihin/freedigitalphotos.net)
Here, in no particular order, are 50 things you can do to make it happen in 2014:
1. Take a class.
2. Redo your resume.
3. Complete your LinkedIn profile.
4. Get up 15 minutes earlier.
5. Exercise before work.
6. Eat lunch -- and not at your desk.
7. Mentor someone.
8. Ask someone to mentor you.
9. Keep track of your accomplishments.
10. Develop a Twitter presence.
11. Befriend a personal hero on social media.
12. Ask to shadow someone at their job.
13. Make a list of goals.
14. Think about what you want to be when you grow up.
15. Ask for what you want.
16. Take weekends.
17. Pay attention.
18. Listen more than you speak.
19. Get comfortable with public speaking, even if it means taking a class.
20. Learn a new skill.
21. Do something that scares you.
22. Try to see things from your boss's point of view (or your employee's).
23. Set aside time for hobbies.
24. Think about how to make your hobby into a career.
25. Leave work behind once in a while.
26. Take vacations.
27. Do 5 percent more than you have to.
28. Do things now, instead of putting them off.
29. Organize your paperwork.
30. Organize your email.
31. Organize your desk.
32. Say thank you.
33. Be grateful.
34. Be brave.
35. Say what you think.
36. Know what's most important to you, and how your job relates to it.
37. Think ahead.
39. Be kind to yourself.
40. Put yourself high up on your list of priorities.
Tell Us What You Think
What are your New Year's resolutions for work this year? We want to hear from you! Leave a comment or join the discussion on Twitter.