#PayChat: College ROI
How does where or what you study in college affect your career? Do you need to go back to school or can you learn how to make a successful career with a degree you already have?
PayScale recently released its annual College ROI Report, which ranks the return on investment at hundreds of colleges and universities in the U.S. The latest report allows users to customize their search by school type, location, major, earning potential, and more to find the best value college for their educational and career objectives. Check out this report to help you make well-informed decisions about your future.
At PayScale, we recognize that when looking at the value of a college degree monetary success is certainly not the only factor to consider. On the other hand, college is an expensive investment and evaluating college return on investment is definitely an important part of the equation. Please join us this Wednesday, March 25th at 10:30 a.m. (PST) to discuss PayScale’s 2015 College ROI Report, college rankings, and the value of a college degree in our monthly twitter chat, #PayChat. During this 30-minute chat we’ll discuss the following questions:
- Why does education matter and how can it impact individuals, under-served populations, society, etc.?
- Which is more important, the institution or the major?
- Who should bear the burden of rising tuition costs?
- What is the non-monetary value of education? How do you think of that in the frame of the cost of education?
- Given the fact that education isn’t free, how do you price the intangible benefits?
- How much does a college degree contribute to a student’s long-term success in career and in life?
- Did what you study and where you went to school have an impact on your present career?
If this will be your first time joining us for #PayChat, check out the “Introducing #PayChat” post for more information. #PayChat typically happens on the last Wednesday of every month at 10:30 a.m. (PST) and as always, feedback is appreciated. If you have a topic that you would like us to discuss in a future #PayChat, please share it on Twitter or in the comment section below.
Tell Us What You Think
We want to hear from you. How did you choose a college? Send us a tweet, join #PayChat or leave a message in the comment section below.