25 Invigorating Quotes to Ignite the Leader Within
Yehuda Berg once said, “Words are singularly the most powerful force available to humanity. We can choose to use this force constructively with words of encouragement, or destructively using words of despair.” In this case, the words contained in this post are intended to be a driving force that will ignite the leader within you and motivate you to go after your wildest dreams today.
(Photo Credit: grilled cheese/Flickr)
There comes a time in everyone’s life where they feel stuck in their career and need a few words of encouragement to reignite the fire that has burned out over the years. If you feel like you’re in a rut in your career, then fret not, my friend. Here are 25 invigorating quotes to put a little fire under your you-know-what and get you on your way to career bliss.
1. “You manage things; you lead people.” – Rear Admiral Grace Murray Hopper
2. “You don’t need a title to be a leader.” – Anonymous
3. “Become the kind of leader that people would follow voluntarily; even if you had no title or position.” – Brian Tracy
4. “Take criticism seriously, but not personally.” – Hillary Clinton
5. “There are three essentials to leadership: humility, clarity and courage.” – Fuchan Yuan
6. “What you do has far greater impact than what you say.” – Stephen Covey
7. “Leadership is the capacity to translate vision into reality.” – Warren Bennis
8. “A good leader leads the people from above them. A great leader leads the people from within them.” – M.D. Arnold
9. “True leaders understand that leadership is not about them but about those they serve. It is not about exalting themselves but about lifting others up.” – Sheri L. Dew
10. “Successful leaders see the opportunities in every difficulty rather than the difficulty in every opportunity.” – Reed Markham
11. “The greatest leader is not necessarily the one who does the greatest things. He is the one that gets the people to do the greatest things.” – Ronald Reagan
12. “Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy.” – Norman Schwarzkopf
13. “People buy into the leader before they buy into the vision.” – John Maxwell
14. “I cannot trust a man to control others who cannot control himself.” – Robert E. Lee
15. “To handle yourself, use your head; to handle others, use your heart.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
16. “Leadership and learning are indispensable to each other.” – John Fitzgerald Kennedy
17. “A leader takes people where they want to go. A great leader takes people where they don’t necessarily want to go, but ought to be.” – Rosalynn Carter
18. “Leadership is an action, not a position.” – Donald McGannon
19. “Don’t find fault, find a remedy.” – Henry Ford
20. “Don’t blow off another’s candle for it won’t make yours shine brighter.” – Jaachynma N.E. Agu
21. “Great leaders are not defined by the absence of weakness, but rather by the presence of clear strengths.” – John Zenger
22. “Little girls with big dreams become women with vision.” – Unknown
23. “Management is about arranging and telling. Leadership is about nurturing and enhancing.” – Tom Peters
24. “Ninety percent of leadership is the ability to communicate something people want.” – Diane Feinstein
25. “In the end, it is important to remember that we cannot become what we need to be by remaining what we are.” – Max De Pree
Hopefully, these words of wisdom have ignited your inner leader and you’re ready to face some fears, tackle some dreams, and shoot for the stars. Save this post so that you can revisit it when the going gets tough and you need a little push in the right direction. Godspeed, leaders!
Tell Us What You Think
Do you have a favorite quote that you’d like to share? If so, feel free to leave it in the comments section below or share it with our community on Twitter. Sharing is caring.