#PayChat: How to Kick Off Your Career
Are you a recent graduate trying to get your foot in the door or a student trying to figure out what you want to do with your life? Landing your first job can be challenging, nerve-wracking, stressful, and unsettling without any proper guidance. PayScale is here to help you start your career off on the right foot.
If you are preparing to enter the workforce, join us this Wednesday, May 27th at 10:30 a.m. (PT) for another #PayChat on how to land your first job. We will talk about ways to research, explore and prepare to get hired. Tune in to set yourself up for long-term career success!
During this 30-minute chat we’ll also discuss the following questions:
- How did you find your first job?
- What’s the best way to get your foot in the door?
- If you have limited experience, should you negotiate your first job offer? What should you negotiate?
- What do employers expect from entry-level employees?
- If you have limited experience, how do you frame/sell your skill set?
- How can students and recent grads achieve long-term career success?
- What advice would you share with someone entering the workforce?
If this will be your first time joining us for #PayChat, check out the Introducing #PayChat post for more information. #PayChat typically happens on the last Wednesday of every month at 10:30 a.m. (PT) and as always, feedback is appreciated. If you have a topic that you would like us to discuss in a future #PayChat, please share it on Twitter or in the comment section below.
Tell Us What You Think
We want to hear from you. How did you land your first job? Send us a tweet, join #PayChat or leave a message in the comments.