10 Quotes to Inspire Your Career in 2016
It’s that time of year again: another year down, and a new year is just around the corner. If this past year didn’t treat you as well as you had anticipated, then don’t beat yourself up over it, because it happens to the best of us. Remember, success is not the absence of failure – it’s quite the opposite, actually. In fact, the wise words of Friedrich Nietzsche remind us: “That which does not kill us only makes us stronger.” Take the lessons learned (or, the blessings in disguise) from the year prior and use them to make 2016 your best year yet with these 10 inspiring quotes for the new year ahead.
(Photo Credit: Jennifer/Flickr)
1. “Option A is not available. So let’s kick the [bleep] out of option B.” – Sheryl Sandberg, Facebook COO
2. “You don’t need to hide yourself because you’re afraid of what others think of you. You have the choice to live your own life.” –Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
3. “The difference between successful people and others is how long they spend time feeling sorry for themselves.” – Barbara Corcoran
4. “If you look at what you have in life, you’ll always have more. If you look at what you don’t have in life, you’ll never have enough.” – Oprah Winfrey
5. “Achieving greatness is all about how much effort you make throughout the time.” – Mario Puzo, The Godfather
6. “Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears.” – Les Brown
7. “Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value.” – Albert Einstein
8. “Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear.” – George Addair
9. “The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.” – Alice Walker
10. “For last year’s words belong to last year’s language, and next year’s words await another voice.” – T.S. Elliot
Save these quotes as a reminder that when life gives you lemons, go grab some tequila and salt and drink to another lesson learned. Cheers to a successful and prosperous 2016, folks.
Tell Us What You Think
Want to add another quote to the list? Share your most inspiring quote with our community on Twitter or in the comments section below. Sharing is caring.