17 Inspirational Quotes From Women Leaders
In business, women leaders often have to work a little harder than their male counterparts to secure their seats at the boardroom table. Once they’ve earned that leadership position, things don’t get any easier.
Professional women face obstacles no matter what job title they possess, including unequal pay and unconscious bias. We might all be able to learn from women business leaders who’ve managed to overcome all that and become successful.
- “Learn from the mistake of others. You can’t live long enough to make them all yourself.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Knowing what must be done does away with fear.” – Rosa Parks
- “We need to accept that we won’t always make the right decisions, that we’ll screw up royally sometimes — understanding that failure is not the opposite of success, it’s part of success.” – Arianna Huffington
- “Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement.” – Helen Keller
- “Option A is not available. So, let’s kick the sh** out of option B.” – Sheryl Sandberg
- “Life-fulfilling work is never about the money — when you feel true passion for something, you instinctively find ways to nurture it.” – Eileen Fisher
- “Take criticism seriously, but not personally. If there is truth or merit in the criticism, try to learn from it. otherwise, let it roll right off you.” – Hillary Clinton
- “If we can learn to deal with our discomfort and just relax into it we’ll have a better life.” – Mellody Hobson
- “The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity.” – Amelia Earhart
- “If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman.” – Margaret Thatcher
- “If you don’t like the road you’re walking, start paving another one.” – Dolly Parton
- “Women will only have true equality when men share with them the responsibility of bring up the next generation.” – Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- “It took me quite a long time to develop a voice, and now that I have it, I am not going to be silent.” – Madeleine Albright
- “The difference between successful people and others is how long they spend time feeling sorry for themselves.” – Barbara Corcoran
- “No matter how difficult and painful it may be, nothing sounds as good to the soul as the truth.” – Martha Beck
- “Above all, be the heroine of your life, not the victim.” – Nora Ephron
- “If you are successful, it is because somewhere, sometime, someone gave you a life or an idea that started you in the right direction. Remember also that you are indebted to life until you help some less fortunate person, just as you were helped.” – Melinda Gates
Tell Us What You Think
Do you have a favorite quote that didn’t make the list? We want to hear from you! Leave a comment or join the discussion on Twitter.