Dan Walter, Performensation
the mighty kingdom of compensation, cash is king. Cash holds this majestic
position through a family line that stretches back hundreds, if not thousands,
of years. Like any monarch, King Cash has a retinue of supporters, all with
their own long histories and stories of power.
will be providing a new series of posts on Payscale’s Compensation Today blog.
These posts will be focused on explaining the King’s court as well as the strategies,
tactics and technical aspects of how to best use these players in the game of
chess that is total rewards.
specialize in High Performance Compensation™ with a focus on equity, executive
and performance-based compensation programs. On Thursday November 15, 2012 and the third
Thursday of every month thereafter you can read a post about how to do more, or
have less problems with, these types of programs. The posts will be short and
lean to the irreverent.
compensation professionals have not had a chance to work extensively with
non-cash alternative compensation systems. Beginning December 6, 2012 and on the first
Thursday of every month following I will explain a different equity
compensation instrument. This list includes the foundations of ISOs, NQSOs, Restricted
Stock, RSUs, Performance Units, ESPP and much more.
look forward to discussing these topics with you. Look for the postings and accompanying Stickman
images and please become part of the conversation.
you November 15.
More than 2,300 organizations use PayScale's subscription software to:
- Allocate raises. PayScale Insight allows you to allocate raises based on employee performance and labor budget.
- Attract talent. Price jobs based on your local market and competition.
- Retain employees. Get pay right and show them how you did it. Your employees will be more satisfied to stay.
- Drive performance. Get their salary right so they can focus on doing a good job.
- Be confident. With know-how to talk about comp with anyone.
What are you waiting for?