Our Resolutions for 2013, Compensation Cafe
The Cafe provided some great resolutions for those of you in the business of provided employee rewards: consistency, learning and appreciating more, focus on value and share the knowledge you have.
Ten Resolutions the Most Successful People Make and Then Keep, Mike Maddock, Forbes.com
There are some great resolutions in this list, but my favorite is #10, "Plan Vacations, Now." As Maddock reminds us, “Life is what happens when you are not paying attention.” So make sure that some of the happenings in your life involve precious vacation moments.
5 Ways to Make Your Business Better in 2013, Vanessa Merit Nornberg, Inc.com
Spend smart, dump year-end bonuses, ask your customers what they want, sell solutions not stuff, and try new strategies—often. Sounds simple!
3 Steps for HR to Achieve Success in 2013, Jay Kuhns, Your HR Buddy
1st, get organized or stop complaining. 2nd, become an expert in your industry. 3rd, take bold steps that might feel risky to you.
5 New Year's Resolutions for Your 2013 Comp Plan, Mykkah Herner, Compensation Today
In case you missed this one in our own blog, make sure to take a look. Mykkah, one of PayScale's certified compensation experts, lists the 5 most important resolutions to make this year regarding your compensation plan.
More than 2,300 organizations use PayScale's subscription software to:
- Allocate raises. PayScale Insight allows you to allocate raises based on employee performance and labor budget.
- Attract talent. Price jobs based on your local market and competition.
- Retain employees. Get pay right and show them how you did it. Your employees will be more satisfied to stay.
- Drive performance. Get their salary right so they can focus on doing a good job.
- Be confident. With know-how to talk about comp with anyone.
What are you waiting for?