We spend a lot of time in the Compensation Today blog talking about attracting, motivating, rewarding and retaining employees, but what about your own career? Have you thought about what you'd like to change to keep yourself on track with your career goals? Maybe you want to earn more money or finally earn that promotion. Maybe it's time to begin working on an advanced certification, like a PHR or SPHR. Have you often thought about getting an MBA in Human Resources? Or, perhaps, you might be ready to switch careers and start over in a new field. Big career goals like that can be daunting—where do you begin? It's simpler than you think. Start with three words: Make It Happen.
To help you get started making your dreams come true, we want to invite you to join Make It Happen, PayScale's new online program designed to help you accomplish your career goals. Our program is all about action. Often, career advice comes in the form of lofty platitudes, like "dress for the job you want." We got tired of the same old advice. We know that making significant changes in your life requires action. To that end, we organized our best tips and tricks to help you achieve six common career goals.
Make It Happen
First, choose your goal:
- Get a raise: Learn how to get a paycheck that reflects your real worth.
- Get a promotion: Move up the corporate ladder.
- Get hired: Say goodbye to unemployment and hello to your career.
- Find a new job: Put your skills to use with a new employer.
- Be better at your job: Improve your performance with new skills or education.
- Change careers: Making a drastic change? We’ll tell you where to start.
Next, watch your inbox for weekly emails containing articles, homework assignments and proven advice. Every time you complete a task, you can log into PayScale and check that item off your customized Task List.
Win an Extra Paycheck
After signing up, you’ll be eligible to enter PayScale’s Win an Extra Paycheck Sweepstakes*. We know you’re a hard worker, but who couldn’t use an extra paycheck to start 2013 off on the right foot?
What are you waiting for? Go pick a goal!
*Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of the Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon being compliant with the Official Rules and fulfilling all other requirements set forth.
More than 2,300 organizations use PayScale's subscription software to:
- Allocate raises. PayScale Insight allows you to allocate raises based on employee performance and labor budget.
- Attract talent. Price jobs based on your local market and competition.
- Retain employees. Get pay right and show them how you did it. Your employees will be more satisfied to stay.
- Drive performance. Get their salary right so they can focus on doing a good job.
- Be confident. With know-how to talk about comp with anyone.
What are you waiting for?