- Retain Talent
- Improve Performance
- Enable Growth
Location: Oakland, CA
Number of Employees: 300
Sungevity: Enabling Rapid Growth
Sungevity has grown from fewer than 70 to nearly 300 people in 18 months. As a leading provider of solar electricity, they are recruiting and retaining talent in a rapidly evolving market. PayScale helps Sungevity stay abreast of market dynamics for jobs that didn't even exist 10 years ago.
Fast growing Sungevity is based in Oakland, California. Creator of the innovative Solar Lease, Sungevity allows consumers to easily go solar without the hassles of a large upfront capital investment. Fast growth is exciting, but can also create challenges managing the tactical and strategic processes in HR with only rudimentary tools at hand. It quickly became evident that Sungevity needed more robust software to support talent and compensation practices, and had a need to implement standard and scalable programs for managing ongoing compensation in a dynamic market segment. As a business located in the Bay Area, Sungevity competes for talent in a very competitive labor market, particularly for engineering and technical positions, but also for marketing and other business positions. It was critical that their pay practices help them reach talent retention goals.
Sungevity looked to PayScale to provide the necessary data and software tools to enable the continued growth and improved retention of their growing workforce. PayScale made it possible for Sungevity to:
- Make offers that attracted new employees in the hyper-competitive Bay Area talent market.
- Provide fresh and accurate market data that allowed for the creation of an initial compensation plan and benchmarks.
- Make managers confident to have compensation discussions with staff and prospects.
Sungevity used PayScale Insight to:
- Assure C-level executives that HR and management were providing the right guidance on compensation to managers throughout the company.
- Provide a tremendous measure of control to rapidly create new job types and benchmarks.
- Advance their competence in compensation practices. PayScale provided initial training and ongoing expertise to support Sungevity’s business.
More than 2,500 organizations use PayScale's subscription software to:
- Allocate raises. PayScale Insight allows you to allocate raises based on employee
performance and labor budget.
- Attract talent. Price jobs based on your local market and competition.
- Retain employees. Get pay right and show them how you did it. Your employees
will be more satisfied to stay.
- Drive performance. Get their salary right so they can focus on doing a good job.
- Be confident. With know-how to talk about comp with anyone.
What are you waiting for?