What do you wish you knew about your job when you first started out?
Chief Accountant in Dubai:
"Accounts with speed, accuracy and neatness."
1. In charge and accountable for all the functions in the accounts department from the stage of accurate data entry, day to day cash management and control of bank and treasury management functions.
2. Monitor very closely on a daily basis the bank balances on line and provide cash flow status to CEO with regard to fund requirements at least a week in advance after taking into consideration the PDC’s issued for all the operative bank accounts for all the companies within the group. Also take into consideration the cash inflows and collections wherever possible.
3. Detailed Review of the existing systems and suggest improvements in the best interests of the company.
4. Ensure clear allocation of job responsibilities, so that all the staff in the accounts department are aware of what is expected of them.
5. Provide training and counseling to accounts staff as and when required, in order to ensure that their performance is optimum.
6. Establish accounting systems and policies in.