Healthcare implementation consultants are in charge of supporting the implementation of healthcare solutions for their organization. They are responsible for guiding customers in the designing and building processes, interacting with clients and cross-functional teams to deliver effective healthcare solutions. Some of the consultant's main functions include providing possible configurations, testing support and other application design tasks, and working closely with the technical teams to prevent issues after implementation. They act as a functional lead for implementation and share important healthcare product information with other relevant staff members before installing devices.
Healthcare implementation consultants give presentations to clients offering company products and/or services, as well as respond to clients' questions and follow up as needed. They use a personal computer to keep accurate records of implementation schedules, client interactions, and prospective customers; they also need to be proficient with basic computer software to keep track of reports and project expenses. They escalate issues accordingly and strive to follow up in a timely manner to increase brand loyalty and client satisfaction.
A bachelor's degree in healthcare management or another related field and relevant work experience are required for this job. Industry certification may be beneficial. Healthcare implementation consultants must have strong communication skills, be organized, and pay close attention to detail. They must have excellent customer service skills to develop strong business relationships with customers and healthcare vendors as well.
Implementation Consultant, Healthcare Tasks
- Conduct systems training sessions in various settings for internal and external customers.
- Achieve targets in terms of trainer evaluation scores and trainer productivity.
- Maintain working knowledge of the software application including all revisions.
- Develop teaching aids including training handbooks, demonstration models, multimedia visual aids and reference works.
- Work with internal and external customers to formulate teaching outlines and determine instructional methods.