What do you wish you knew about your job when you first started out?
Security Officer in Melbourne:
Are you suicidal, or desperate?
Rethink your options.
We do most of the work for police/public risking our lives with no or very limited protection to our self and no pat on back or even a thanks.
Security Officer in Brisbane:
"Mature Security Officers Required."
1. We are not the police, don't try to be one.
2. Think before you act.
3. Remember nothing is personal.
4. The client pays the bills, don't shit where you eat.
5. The client is the boss, employees of the client may not be the boss.
6. We work to to live, not the other way round, leave the stress at work.
7. If working as part of a team, be a team member not an individual.
8. If you are the team leader, your team is the priority, they will keep you alive, treat them accordingly.
9. Before embarking on this career, join the Army, Police or similar, under 30 years old with no sharp end experience can give the industry a bad name with use of force breaches and general attitude issues to the public.