The country manager of general operations is responsible for coordinating and managing the activities of a company within a country, and for the development and implementation of strategies for increasing growth in that country. The manager will ensure that financial objectives are met, and will manage the operations budget for the company within the country and ensure that funds are being used in an efficient manner. The country manager will establish procedures and policies and enforce them within all company offices in the country, and will oversee lower managers' efforts to increase employee productivity and guarantee employee safety. The country manager will direct regional and local managers in assigning projects and supervising assigned tasks to completion. A good candidate for the job will have at least a bachelor's degree in business or finance as well as several years of experience in business management. As the position involves the management of an entire country, the ideal employee will be able to travel frequently to visit various offices in the assigned territory to meet with regional and local managers, and will be able to set reasonable goals for each office based on local market trends and office business records. A general operations country manager will have a professional demeanor in dealing with corporate executives and local or regional managers as well as office associates. Good communication skills are vital to performing the job successfully, as the manager must be able to effectively explain procedures and policies to which each employee is expected to adhere.
Country Manager, General Operations Tasks
- Establish and enforce procedures and policies in all company offices in a country.
- Ensure financial objectives are met, and manage the country operations budget and making sure funds are used efficiently.
- Oversee managers’ efforts to increase employee productivity and ensure employee safety.
- Coordinate and manage the activities of a company in a country, and develop and implement strategies for increasing growth.
- Direct managers in the assignment of projects and supervise the completion of assigned tasks.