A marketing executive may perform a number of different duties depending upon the specific needs of their organization. They may lead, plan, supervise, and check up on the circulation of promotional merchandise. In this role, travel may be required, as marketing executives often are required to attend trade shows to search for products, network, and meet new clients. Marketing executives also typically attend many meetings, a setting in which new marketing ideas, projects, or computer-software programs are discussed. These professionals also may become involved in testing campaigns, and they must have the ability to work with computer software to monitor the results of those campaigns and gauge client or consumer interest.
A professional in this field also must be up to date with the needs of their target market and clients. They also must possess good social skills, as a large part of their job is to meet with various clients, and establish and maintain good relationships. Education and experience in marketing are required.
Marketing Executive Tasks
- Develop press releases and publicity for each product.
- Make sales pitches through traditional channels and also social media outlets.
- Design tangible sales materials and other resources to assist sales.
- Conduct and analyze market and competitive research.
- Establishing goals, deliverables and results for marketing programs.