Employment, recruitment, or placement specialists/recruiters are in charge of finding and placing effective job candidates within their organization according to the projects' and teams' requirements. They are responsible for matching job requirements with possible personnel, conducting extensive research based on the position needs, and interacting with employers and prospective candidates. These specialists provide training opportunities as required and give detailed guidance to prospective employees regarding potential benefits and job responsibilities. Employment, recruitment, or placement specialists/recruiters also conduct appropriate drug and background checks for candidates.
These specialists contact prospect employee using a variety of methods such as via telephone, by email, or in person. They follow up with interviews and technical testing, as well as verify references and perform eligibility checks. Employment, recruitment, or placement specialists/recruiters must screen and select candidates in compliance with all employer and government regulations. In all tasks, they must follow strict safety and privacy requirements. They also use a personal computer to keep accurate candidate information in a database and record interactions with employers and prospective employees. Generally, these employees report their progress to the recruiting agency director or supervisor.
A high school diploma or equivalent is generally the minimal educational requirement for this position; however, a bachelor's degree in human resources or a related field is typically preferred. Industry certifications may be preferred as well. Employment, recruitment, or placement specialists/recruiters must possess strong communication skills, perform well in a team environment with other recruiters, and work effectively on their own with minimal supervision.
Employment, Recruitment, or Placement Specialist / Recruiter Tasks
- May be involved in writing and placing advertising for open positions in publications; online and print.
- Source, screen and interview applicants to obtain information on work history, training, education, and job skills for open positions; may utilize ATS.
- Arrange for interviews and provide travel arrangements as necessary.
- Establish and maintain relationships with hiring managers to stay abreast of current and future hiring and business needs.
- Advise managers and employees on staffing policies and procedures.