What is it like working as an Architectural Technologist?
Architectural Technologist in Reading:
"Pay Is Not Sufficient In Accordance With Location."
Pros: - I am able to be creative in my design and technician work when allowed.
- I am able to communicate my concerns about construction freely in order to come to a mutual agreement on best processes.
- Most of my fellow employees are pleasant to work with and as friends outside of work.
- The company does throw amazing recreational events/parties.
- I have access to a company car when required and if available in an emergency. (in case my car is broken down)
Cons: - Communication between myself and the project managers aren't the best due to them having increasingly less time to liaison.
- High stress level due to lack of technicians within the company.
- The events and/or parties hosted by the company I feel are done as a process of masking & justifying the fact that we are underpaid.
- My salary is below the lowest average for the area. Now the company is moving closer to London, this will cause my rent to increase as I move house and will increase in general cost of living. I'm ideally seeking £37K per yr.
- I have accepted the job based on the advertised £25,000. After I accepted that amount, they proceeded to negotiate based (in my opinion) on my current situation (at the time) and my desperation. They basically offered me a non-negotiable lowered starting salary of £22,500 per year with a view to increase to the original amount within 6 months to a year. This has not happened and I have been working there for 2 yrs.