What do you wish you knew about your job when you first started out?
Aesthetician (Medical) in Tampa:
"Skin Care Is Very Personal."
My advise is to treat others as you would like to be treated.
1. Listen to your patient and I mean really talk to them, they will give you great hidden pearls about their skin in average conversation if you just listen!
2. Educate and explain everything to them re: products and procedures.
3. Follow through and follow up with them, everyone loves to feel special.
4. Give verbal and written post care instructions, you may be a skin care expert but keep in mind that they are our patients and do not have the knowledge that we do.
5. Be kind and caring. You may not think that the problem that they came to see you about is that big or severe but to the patient it is and that is all that truly matters, what they see.