Appointment Setter Salary
Job Description for Appointment Setter
Appointment setters are telemarketers who call businesses and individuals to encourage them to make appointments to meet with sales representatives. Those in this position must be able to listen to potential customers and determine their needs by maintaining extensive knowledge of the products and services offered and how they can benefit customers. They must also be able to answer any questions customers may have, and many positions have commission and minimum sales goals.Read More...
This position may involve either cold-calling or following up with potential clients who have demonstrated interest, and conducting research to pursue potential customers may also be necessary. Hours and shifts vary, but this work is often carried out during daytime and early-evening hours so as not to disturb those who are being called. Appointment setters must be excellent communicators who can work well under pressure and stay motivated to keep trying when attempts have failed. Thus, confidence and friendliness are also important.
An abundance of part-time and full-time positions are available. A minimum of a high school diploma is generally required, while some employers who work with large companies prefer candidates who have university degrees and prior sales experience. Many positions are carried out in a call center environment, while others are work-from-home positions.
Appointment Setter Tasks
- Make calls to prospective clients and businesses using leads and cold-call lists to generate appointments for sales representatives.
- Connect with private consumers and businesses to get them to commit to a sales appointment
- Manage filing systems that track correspondences and other marketing related material.
- Provide information to incoming calls and questions
- Overcome rejection and build interest by explaining the advantages of various products and services.
Appointment Setter Job Listings
Search for more jobs:
Related Job Salaries
Key Stats for Appointment Setter
Rated 4 out of 5
based on 18 votes.