Architectural Designer Salary
An Architectural Designer earns an average salary of $49,891 per year. People in this job generally don't have more than 20 years' experience.
Job Description for Architectural Designer
Architectural designers design such projects as buildings, urban landscapes, and parks. In some cases, designers will work as a part of a company or studio, although they can also work independently. They meet with the client to discuss the client's budget and preferences. They then consult with the landscape consultant to understand the construction site and create different concepts for the project for presentation to the client. After incorporating in client comments on concepts, architectural designers work with engineers to create a design that works within the client's budget. During construction, they provide drawings to the construction team and monitor progress to make sure it is faithful to the design. Once the project is finished, the designer must inspect the building to make sure it meets the clients' standards.Read More...
An architectural designer typically needs a college degree in architecture, as well as professional experience in the field that allows them entry into the Architect Registration Examination. They must have good technical knowledge, imagination, and creativity.
Architectural Designer Tasks
- Produce CAD drawings, renderings, layouts and color boards for specific architectural design.
- Compile data and perform dimensional and routine calculations required for the preparation of drawings and design layouts.
- Research and develop design and product solutions and presents them for consideration.
- Produce drawings and specifications that have been red lined by others.
- Use technical manuals to ensure compliance with required codes and standards.
Architectural Designer Job Listings
Search for more jobs:
Popular Employer Salaries for Architectural Designer
Popular Skills for Architectural Designer
Pay by Experience Level for Architectural Designer
Median of all compensation (including tips, bonus, and overtime) by years of experience.
Pay Difference by Location
Architectural Designer Reviews
Related Job Salaries
Key Stats for Architectural Designer
Rated 4 out of 5
based on 360 votes.