Assistant Health Care/Food Service Manager Salary
Assistant Health Care & Food Service Managers in the United States can expect wages of $13.61 per hour on average. Women make up a slight majority of Assistant Health Care & Food Service Managers (53 percent) survey respondents. Medical benefits are awarded to a large number, and a fair number earn dental coverage. Most workers in this position report high levels of job satisfaction. This report is based on answers to PayScale's salary questionnaire.
Job Description for Assistant Health Care/Food Service Manager
- Supervise staff and give technical direction.
- Monitor food service operations to ensure conformance to nutritional, safety, sanitation and quality standards, state and federal regulatory requirements.
- Assist in the selection, training and development of staff.
- Conduct nutritional analysis and global menu planning.
- Assist in managing day-to-day department operational and nutrition services.
Common Career Paths for Assistant Health Care/Food Service Manager
Assistant Dietetics Manager Job Listings
Search for more jobs:
Pay by Experience Level for Assistant Health Care/Food Service Manager
Median of all compensation (including tips, bonus, and overtime) by years of experience.
Salaries for inexperienced workers average out to $33K, and those with five to 10 years' experience report a lower median of $30K. The average pay reported by folks with 10 to 20 years of experience is around $31K. Big financial gains seem to result from working for more than two decades; veterans in this group report earning $38K on average.