Bar Attendant Salary
A Bar Attendant earns an average wage of $9.27 per hour.
Job Description for Bar Attendant
Bar attendants mix and serve alcoholic and/or non-alcoholic drinks to patrons of an establishment. These professionals must know how to prepare the drinks offered by their institution; if alcoholic drinks are offered, attendants must know how to pour from a tap and mix a variety of cocktails. Bar attendants may also perform the duties of a barista in a coffee shop; in this case, the attendant must know how to mix coffee drinks and work with common industrial coffee machines.Read More...
Other tasks commonly performed by bar attendants include performing upkeep for the bar area, ensuring glasses and cigarette trays are cleared as needed, wiping down counters regularly, cleaning equipment, and performing restocking tasks. Additionally, bar attendants are often responsible for conducting financial transactions, receiving money from customers in exchange for beverages (and possibly food). These professionals may perform other tasks depending on their institution's needs as well. At all times, the bar attendant must use excellent customer service skills and be able to respond to complaints promptly and effectively.
For establishments in which the bar attendant serves alcohol, graduation from bartending school and/or classes is typically required or preferred. Relevant experience and/or a high school diploma or equivalent may be required or preferred as well.
Bar Attendant Tasks
- Provide beer, wine, liquor and related bar service to guests.
- Collect customer payment, provide receipts, and keep an accurate till through a shift.
- Keep a clean workstation that adheres to all applicable liquor laws and health codes relating to the service of food and drink.
- Follow recipes to make cost-efficient, accurate, and consistent drinks for all customers.
- Track inventory, memorize beer, wine and spirit menu, and be aware of all prices.
Bartender Job Listings
Search for more jobs:
Key Stats for Bar Attendant
Rated 5 out of 5
based on 3 votes.