Bartender, Hotel Salary
The average rate for a Bartender, Hotel is $9.78 per hour. People in this job generally don't have more than 20 years' experience.
|Hourly Rate||$7.06 - $14.26|
|Hourly Tips||$0.00 - $12.78|
|Total Pay (||$18,219 - $55,981|
Job Description for Bartender, Hotel
The most important requirement of a hotel bartender is the ability to relate to and interact positively with other people, so an outgoing and friendly personality is highly beneficial for those interested in this career. Hotel bar tenders should also have a keen and thorough knowledge of the art of "mixology;" this not only includes mixing the most common drinks, but also knowledge of the more obscure ones, especially since hotel bar guests may be travelers with drink requests which are unfamiliar to most bar tenders.Read More...
Basic math skills are important in this position, as is the ability to perform accurate monetary transactions, and an eye for detail and cleanliness are also important. Hotel bar tenders may also be involved in menu-planning for happy hour snacks, as well as other in-bar promotions and supervising staff.
Those in this position are often required to order liquor and supplies and maintain a working knowledge of these procedures. They must also be observant of their patrons and aware when a customer has had enough to drink, and be able to handle the situation discreetly and diplomatically.
Bartender, Hotel Tasks
- Follow recipes to make cost-efficient, accurate, and consistent drinks for all customers.
- Track inventory, memorize beer, wine and spirit menu, and be aware of all prices.
- Keep a clean workstation that adheres to all applicable liquor laws and health codes relating to the service of food and drink.
- Provide beer, wine, liquor and related bar service to guests.
- Collect customer payment, provide receipts, and keep an accurate till through a shift.
Bartender Job Listings
Search for more jobs:
Key Stats for Bartender, Hotel
Rated 4 out of 5
based on 5 votes.