Book Seller Salary
A Book Seller earns an average wage of $9.13 per hour. Most people with this job move on to other positions after 10 years in this career.
Job Description for Book Seller
A bookseller works at a bookstore and sells books to customers. Strong customer service skills are necessary to interact well with customers. The bookseller may approach customers to let them know that assistance is available and to be able to understand the needs and desires of the customer. Once it is known what the customer is looking for, the bookseller can make recommendations as to where books are located or which specific books should be purchased.Read More...
Commission is offered in some jobs, which is based on sales made by the bookseller. It is important to have a love of books and a good understanding of what the company offers, in order to demonstrate knowledge and to be able to answer any questions the customer might have. This position may involve inventory duties, as well as making sure that items that are low in stock are ordered on time. The bookseller will usually be expected to tidy up areas and to put displaced books into their proper spots. Knowledge of shelving guidelines will come in handy, in order to stock books in their proper areas. However, this skill is often taught after being hired. This position may often involve wrapping up the sale by performing cashiering duties, as well as recommending further items that the customer might want to purchase.
Cash register experience is sometimes expected to be possessed prior to being hired. For a majority of the shift, the bookseller will be standing, walking, bending, climbing, and lifting. Usually, a minimum of a high school diploma is necessary.
Book Seller Tasks
- Provide very good customer service in the business of selling books.
- Respond to customer's concerns and questions, and wrap up the sale.
- Share technical knowledge and enthusiasm about all our digital products and services, providing a personalized experience to multiple customers at the same time.
- Ask questions to identify customer needs, providing recommendations using your product knowledge to connect the customer with good solutions.
- Greet and establish rapport with customers, engaging them in conversations about all our products and services.
Book Seller Job Listings
Search for more jobs:
Popular Employer Salaries for Book Seller
Pay by Experience Level for Book Seller
Median of all compensation (including tips, bonus, and overtime) by years of experience.
Related Job Salaries
Key Stats for Book Seller
Rated 5 out of 5
based on 12 votes.