Business Continuity and Business Planning Analyst Salary
A Business Continuity and Business Planning Analyst earns an average salary of $61,690 per year. People in this job generally don't have more than 20 years' experience.
Job Description for Business Continuity and Business Planning Analyst
Business continuity analysts are responsible for supporting critical business operations and assisting in sustaining and improving business continuity programs to expand resiliency and safeguard the company's brand and reputation. They also support planning for and responding to actual emergencies.Read More...
Business continuity managers are the risk analysts and first line of protection against regulatory violations and disaster recovery errors, and they often predict potential problems and help companies maneuver against them. They are also the backup and recovery experts who can guard IT assets from natural disasters or compliance violations that can cost companies millions in lost data and resources.
Business continuity managers often have at least ten years of experience in identifying the most important aspects of disaster recovery and drafting policies for employees to follow. They usually have prior experience as a system administrator or storage architect and have understanding of enterprise backup solutions, and they must always ensure that the company and its data systems are in compliance with all regulations. They must also identify any violations within the IT infrastructure and create policies which help companies move forward with corrective measures.
Business continuity analysts are typically advisors who have years of experience in disaster recovery. They are also responsible for contingency planning, meaning the ability to forecast any interruptions and help businesses put policies into practice to avoid them. They may also document disaster recovery plans and perform risk management to find costs associated with any interruptions.
Business Continuity and Business Planning Analyst Tasks
- Maintain the corporate business continuity program that addresses disaster recovery and business continuity.
- Analyze and report on implications of regulatory requirements and industry guidance on BCP/DR programs.
- Perform risk analyses for functional areas to identify points of vulnerability, single points of failure, and identify risk avoidance and mitigation strategies.
- Work with IT department to develop/maintain disaster recovery plans for critical systems and applications.
- Plan and coordinate business continuity technical and user testing.