Cardiovascular Surgeon Salary
A Cardiovascular Surgeon earns an average salary of $379,693 per year. Pay for this job rises steadily for more experienced workers, but goes down noticeably for the few employees with more than 20 years' experience.
Job Description for Cardiovascular Surgeon
- Provide operative, preoperative and critical care diagnosis, treatment and procedures for patients with pathological conditions of the chest.
- Communicate with families and patients regarding care plans and make referrals to other specialists as per the standard of care.
- Treat pathologic conditions of the lung, esophagus and chest wall, abnormalities of the great vessels, tumors of the mediastinum, and diseases of the diaphragm and pericardium.
- Treat complications of ischemic heart disease (for example, coronary artery bypass grafting), correct congenital heart disease, or treat valvular heart disease created by various causes including endocarditis.
- Provide surgical care of coronary artery disease, abnormalities of the great vessels and heart valves, congenital anomalies, tumors and diseases of the diaphragm.
Cardiovascular Surgeon Job Listings
Search for more jobs:
Pay by Experience Level for Cardiovascular Surgeon
Median of all compensation (including tips, bonus, and overtime) by years of experience.
Key Stats for Cardiovascular Surgeon
Rated 5 out of 5
based on 2 votes.