Care Aide Salary
The average wage for a Care Aide is $9.81 per hour. Most people with this job move on to other positions after 10 years in this career.
$8.68 - $15.32
Job Description for Care Aide
- Check patients' pulse, temperature and respiration.
- Provide patients with help moving in and out of beds, baths, wheelchairs or automobiles, and with dressing and grooming.
- Maintain records of patient care, progress, or problems to report and discuss observations with supervisor or case manager.
- Change bed linens, wash and iron patients' laundry, and clean patients' quarters.
- Entertain, converse with, or read aloud to patients to keep them mentally healthy and alert.