Certified Home Health Aide (CHHA), Alzheimer's Salary
Job Description for Certified Home Health Aide (CHHA), Alzheimer's
- Change bed linens, wash and iron patients' laundry, and clean patients' quarters.
- Entertain, converse with, or read aloud to patients to keep them mentally healthy and alert.
- Direct patients in simple prescribed exercises or in the use of braces or artificial limbs.
- Check patients' pulse, temperature and respiration.
- Provide patients with help moving in and out of beds, baths, wheelchairs or automobiles, and with dressing and grooming.
Home Health Aide Job Listings
Search for more jobs:
Pay by Experience Level for Certified Home Health Aide (CHHA), Alzheimer's
Median of all compensation (including tips, bonus, and overtime) by years of experience.
Alzheimer's Certified Home Health Aides do not generally earn higher incomes from more experience in the field. During the first five years of their careers, Alzheimer's Certified Home Health Aides see a median income of $23K. Survey respondents with five to 10 years of experience report an only modestly higher median of $24K. After working for 10 to 20 years, Alzheimer's Certified Home Health Aides make a median salary of $27K. Ultimately, more time spent in the workforce does seem to translate to bigger paychecks; seasoned veterans with more than 20 years of experience report a median income of $28K.